The Canandaigua Medical Group is an important asset of our community. This past year our medical providers had in excess of 125,000 patient encounters. Our primary mission is to provide quality medical care to all age groups within our local communities. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for our patients from birth to ultimately end-of-life care. We strive to operate under our credo, “Professionalism With Compassion.”
The Canandaigua Medical Group was founded as a partnership between Drs. Ludwig Mayer, E.C. Merrill, Malcolm Merrill, Augustus Sainsbury and Philip Standish on January 2, 1951, located in what is now the Wood Library. Within the next few years Drs. Charles Bathrick, John Bowen, Robert Fackler, Robert Hoekelman and Joseph Guattery joined to establish the Group as the principal source of primary care in the Canandaigua community. In 1970, the group relocated to its present location at 335 Parrish Street, selling the Main Street location to the Wood Library Foundation for one dollar.
Today we operate as a private professional corporation owned by physicians. All patient policy and clinical care decisions are under the direction and control of physicians. Our current medical departments are: Internal Medicine, Medicine/Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Surgery. These specialties are supported by our Radiology Department and our on-site blood-draw department. Additional information on our medical specialties and departments are contained elsewhere on this web site.